Boiler Swaps, Upgrades, Servicing & Repair
When your boiler breaks, we know it can be a stressful time. Here at Lindrick we can help with any boiler need you may have. Whether it is servicing, swapping it over, installing a new one or repairing the one you’ve already got.
Full Central Heating Services, Installations & Design
Not only do we install full central heating systems, but we can actually design one tailored to your individual needs.
Oil Tanks, Boilers Installations & LPG
We fit a range of oil boilers from internal to external. One benefit of an external oil boiler is it can save you space in your household. So if you need more room in your house, give us a call.
Replacement Radiators & Cylinders
We fit a wide range of radiators from decorative to regular grilled panel radiators. We also fit cylinders both unvented and vented to help with your hot water needs. We can help by getting the job done quickly and efficiently to make the stress as minimal as possible.
We know how important it is to power flush your system. This is why we can help save you money when flushing out your heating system. For more information, see below.
Central Heating Systems
The main benefit of a sealed central heating system is money saving on your energy bills. It is more efficient, have a longer life, takes up less space and cleaner.
Traditional or open vented systems are prone to corrosion because they are open to the atmosphere, which means that oxygen can enter their system through the feed and expansion tank (in the loft) which makes an oxidizing environment, which causes the erosion.
Traditional systems can stop working completely due to a lack of pressure and a build-up of sludge. So, the flow of the water slows down and builds up which puts so much pressure on the pump and boiler that it breaks down completely.
Benefits of a sealed heating system
There are two main benefits of a sealed system:
Cost effective – the water under pressure heats up faster so the boiler does not have to work as hard. which will give the boiler an easier life and help you save money on your heating bills.
Lack of corrosion – there is no air ingress in a sealed system which gives a substantially lower change of corrosion.
The vast majority of traditional systems can be pressurised. This can be done in a day, you are able to keep your existing, radiators, controls and boilers in most cases, so it is less hassle than swapping the entire unit.
Unvented cylinders are great for improving the performance of you bath or shower. They do this by using a pressurised system directly from your cold mains water feed which results in distributing hot water at the mains pressure.
Benefits of Power Flushing your System
There are numerous reasons why you should power flush your system, these include:
- Avoid boiler failure – this is the main reason, if you do not flush your system your boiler can completely fail. If your boiler shows problems but no other fault it could be due to the build-up of sludge and deposits, this restricts the heat transfer and causes your boiler to overheat. If this happens to your boiler as a result of you not power flushing your system, your warranty will be null and void.
- Cost effective – your boiler will lose heat due to the sludge build up, so you will have to turn your heat up higher to overcompensate to get the same amount of heat. This will cost you more money. This can all be avoided if you power flush your system.
- Hot water – if you don’t power flush your system it could result in little or no hot water, this is because the pipes and heat exchanger get blocked with a build-up of sludge.
- Radiators – when it comes to radiators there are a couple of things that could go wrong with them, they could have frequent venting and air at the top of them or they could be cold. This is because hydrogen sometimes gets mistaken for air and causes electrolytic corrosion. If your radiators are warm at the top and cold at the bottom then the sludge is at the bottom of your radiator causing it not to heat up due to the reduced flow of water.
- Pump and valves – the bearing and shaft wear and tear can be massively affected by the black oxide sludge. This is the most common cause of complete pump failure or at least pumps that are sticking. This can then cause either an inefficient radiator or a cold one.
- Eradicating sludge and scale – this sludge can cause so many problems, these include, hardening into scale onto the hottest surfaces of the system. This can stop heat transfer as well as making it make kettling or knocking noises. If you are not currently witnessing these problems then it does not matter you could still have a build-up of sludge and corrosion. It is always better to get it checked and keep your warranty.
To conclude, there are so many reasons to get your system power flushed. The effects of the power flush with work straight away, so you will instantly see a difference in your system.
See photos of our power flush system below.